Dental Health Week 2018
It’s that time of year again, HAPPY DENTAL HEALTH WEEK!
Dental Health Week is from the 6th-12thAugust and this years theme is “Watch you mouth”. This means looking after your whole mouth “not just your teeth, not just your gums, your whole mouth”.
As ADA members we are pleased to join in on the Dental Health week celebrations. This dental health week we will be celebrating by reminding all our patients about the importance of oral health as well as going on a school visit to share dental health tips with the students at St Josephs in Peterborough. At Jamestown Dental we are happy to answer all your dental questions. (Although we are happy to do this all year round!)
The ADA has a great website with lots of information about diet, brushing, flossing, fillings, braces, fluoride and teeth grinding to help you with your oral health. Visit https://www.ada.org.au/dental-health-week/home
Some interesting statistics have been published from the ADA this month that highlight that us Aussies need to do better with our dental health.
- 65% of Australians haven’t seen a dentist in the last 2 years
- 50% of Australians brush only once a day
- 40% of Australians never floss
- 73% of young Australians consume too much sugar
We can do better!
- Visit your dentist regularly – generally every 6 months to help pick up any problems while they are small and introduce preventive oral health habits
- Brush twice a day with fluoridated toothpaste
- Floss once a day (we are happy to show you how to do this!)
- Eat healthy foods and limit sugars in your foods and drink
For more healthy mouth tips visit the ADA oral health week website https://www.ada.org.au/dental-health-week/homeor come and chat to one of our oral health professionals. We are happy to help you on your healthy mouth journey and help to prevent dental disease!